Join us as we delve into the extraordinary journey of Big Z, an unstoppable force in the world of strength sports. At just 23 years old, he made waves in his first international powerlifting competition, leaving audiences in awe. In this article, we’ll unveil the power behind his success by exploring his Strongman workouts, providing you with a detailed workout plan, and sharing a list of exercises to help you unleash your own inner beast.
Big Z’s Workout Plan
- Deadlifts: Strengthen your posterior chain and grip strength with conventional deadlifts and sumo deadlifts. Aim for 3 sets of 6-8 reps, gradually increasing the weight over time.
- Squats: Build lower body strength and stability with heavy barbell squats. Perform 4 sets of 8-10 reps, focusing on maintaining proper form throughout each set.
- Overhead Press: Develop shoulder and upper body strength with standing overhead presses. Aim for 3 sets of 6-8 reps, gradually increasing the weight as you progress.
- Farmer’s Walk: Enhance grip strength and overall body endurance with heavy farmer’s walks. Grab a pair of heavy dumbbells or farmer’s walk handles and walk for a designated distance or time.
- Atlas Stones: Embrace the iconic Strongman event by incorporating Atlas stones into your routine. Lift and carry stones of various weights, gradually increasing the difficulty as you improve.
- Tire Flips: Tap into your explosive power and full-body strength with tire flips. Find a large tractor or car tire, and using proper form, flip it over repeatedly for a set distance or time.
- Log Press: Develop upper body strength and stability with log presses. Perform sets of 6-8 reps, gradually increasing the weight of the log over time.
- Car Deadlift: Challenge your leg and back strength by simulating a car deadlift. Utilize a specialized car deadlift frame or similar equipment and perform sets of 4-6 reps.
Remember to warm up adequately before each workout and consult with a qualified fitness professional to ensure proper form and safety during these exercises.
Big Z’s journey in his first international powerlifting competition at the age of 23 showcases the extraordinary power and determination required to excel in the Strongman arena. By incorporating his renowned Strongman workouts into your routine, you can unlock your own potential and witness the transformative effects of dedicated training. Remember, consistency, proper form, and progressive overload are key to achieving your strength goals. So, step into the world of Big Z and unleash your inner powerhouse through his inspiring journey and powerful workouts.
342.5kg/755lb – Squat
205kg/451lb – Bench press
320kg/705lb – Deadlift