Update: Scroll down for results!
The 2015 edition of the Arnold Strongman Classic will take place as part of the Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus, Ohio. Split over two days, the competitors will battle it out over five horrendously heavy events to see whether the reigning champion, Big Z, a previous winner such as Lalas, or a newcomer like Eddie Hall can take the coveted title and prize money.
1. The Longbar Deadlift — One rep max, with three attempts for each competitor.
2. The Austrian Oak — Floor to overhead log press for maximum repetitions. Athletes will have a choice between a 200kg/441lb log or a lighter 172kg/379lb log.
3. The Cyr Dumbbell — Another floor to overhead event, once again for maximum repetitions. The dumbbell will apparently weigh at least 274lbs/125kg.
4. The Timber Carry — This is the same as last year – 500kg frame carry up an incline. Straps allowed.
5. The Bale Tote — Two weight yoke. Starting weight 590kg/1300lb. Athletes to carry the yoke 4 meters/13 feet. If succesful, the weight of the yoke will be increased to 680kg/1500lb. The fastest time of the heaviest yoke will win.
The confirmed competitor list is as follows:
- Hafthor Bjornsson
- Warrick Brant
- Mike Burke
- Eddie Hall
- Mateusz Kieliszkowski
- Vytautas Lalas
- Benedikt Magnusson
- Zydrunas Savickas
- Brian Shaw
It all kicks off on Friday 7th March at 1:30pm with the Cyr Dumbell and Timber Carry. The following day (Saturday 8th March) sees the deadlift and bale tote in the afternoon and then the Austrian Oak log press to finish off proceedings that evening.
Results from ASC 2015 day 1:
- Zydrunas Savickas – 4 reps
- Everyone else – no reps
- Dimitar Savatinov – 6 reps
- Mateusz Kieliszkowski – 6 reps
- Mike Burke – 5 reps
- Eddie Hall – 5 reps
- Brian Shaw – 5 reps
- Hafthor Bjornsson – 4 reps
- Jerry Prittchet – 4 reps
- Benidickt Magnusson – 2 reps
- Warrick Brant – 0 reps (injured his pec)
500kg Timber Carry:
- Hafthor Bjornsson – 10.15 secs
- Jerry Prittchet – 12.12 secs
- Zydrunas Savickas – 13.18 secs
- Brian Shaw – 16.06 secs
- Mike Burke – 19.74 secs
- Mateusz Kieliszkowski – 20.62 secs
- Eddie Hall – 22’8″
- Benidickt Magnusson – 14’10”
- Dimitar Savatinov – 5’9″
- Warrick Brant – injured
Results after day one:
- Zydrunas Savickas – 18 points
- Hafthor Bjornsson – 13.5 points
- Mateusz Kieliszkowski – 13.5 points
- Brian Shaw – 13 points
- Jerry Prittchet – 12.5 points
- Mike Burke – 12 points
- Dimitar Savatinov – 10.5 points
- Eddie Hall – 10 points
- Benidickt Magnusson – 5 points
- Warrick Brant – 0 points (injured)