- Nationality: Icelandic
- Height: 1.91m
- Weight: 133kg
You can’t ask for much more than a charismatic strongman who also lays claim to titles in bodybuilding and powerlifting. Pall was a great athlete to watch with an ever-entertaining on screen persona. He was part of a golden age of strongman with Geoff Capes and Bill Kazmaier.
Four World’s Strongest Man titles and a further three podium finishes means Jon Pall will go down in strongman history as one of the all-time greats. As well as winning the top WSM competitions four times, Pall also won Europe’s Strongest man twice and Iceland’s Strongest Man five times! Pall dwarfed the competition back in his day, he won his first competition in 1980 which was The NPF Nordic Powerlifting Championships. Even though this was a powerlifting competition rather than a strongman competition, his success carried through to strongman competitions in the 80s and 90s. In 1992 Pall won an astonishing 13 strongman competitions.
Pall sadly passed away in 1993 only one year after winning these 13 strongman events including; The Iceland’s Strongest Man competition. It has been stated that Pall had an Aortic Rupture while deadlifting in his own gym, called Gym 80. No-one would have thought, that it would have been while performing a deadlift, that Pall was sent to rest. Watching him within his events was inspirational and no one could have predicted that Pall would be coming to an end within his strongman career at the young age of 32!
Most recent achievement: Jon Pall’s most recent achievement has to be winning 13 strongman competitions in 1992! This was such an achievement after winning his last WSM competition in 1990. This was and has been an inspiration to not only strongmen, but powerlifts and bodybuilders too.
Jon Pall will be remembered as one of the greatest strongman legends who was robbed of his chance to go further and fully succeed within his career. R.I.P Jon Pall, although he is greatly missed by many, his legend will remain forever.
Check out some of Pall’s amazing videos from the 80s and 90s, he is an inspiration to many! Here we have some brief footage about the life of Jon Pall with his friends, family and trainers speaking about this great man:
Jon Pall Sigmarsson Daily Workout Plan
Jon Pall Sigmarsson, one of the all-time greats in the world of strongman, was known for his incredible strength, charisma, and entertaining personality. If you’re looking to gain insights from his training methods and incorporate them into your own workouts, here’s a glimpse into Jon Pall Sigmarsson’s daily workout plan.
- Compound Lifts: Jon Pall Sigmarsson’s training program revolved around heavy compound lifts to build overall strength and power. Emphasize exercises such as squats, deadlifts, bench presses, overhead presses, and rows. Lift heavy weights with low to moderate repetitions to develop maximum strength.
- Strongman Event Training: As a strongman, Jon Pall Sigmarsson trained specifically for the unique events in strongman competitions. Dedicate specific training sessions to practice event-specific exercises such as atlas stone lifts, log presses, farmer’s walks, tire flips, and car deadlifts. Focus on developing the necessary skills, technique, and strength required for each event.
- Functional Strength and Conditioning: Strongman competitions demand a high level of functional strength and conditioning. Incorporate exercises that target multiple muscle groups and simulate real-life movements. This can include kettlebell swings, battle ropes, sled pushes, or prowler pushes. These exercises will improve overall strength, power, and cardiovascular fitness.
- Grip Strength Training: Grip strength is crucial in strongman events, especially when handling heavy objects. Include exercises such as farmer’s walks with heavy weights, axle deadlifts, thick bar holds, and plate pinches to strengthen your grip and forearm muscles. Gradually increase weights and focus on maintaining a firm grip.
- Core Training: A strong core is essential for stability and overall strength in strongman events. Incorporate exercises like planks, Russian twists, hanging leg raises, and weighted sit-ups to develop core strength. Focus on building strength in the abs, obliques, and lower back muscles.
- Rest and Recovery: Proper rest and recovery are crucial for muscle repair and growth. Allow sufficient time between intense training sessions for rest and recovery. Listen to your body and ensure you’re getting enough sleep to support your training.
- Nutrition: Jon Pall Sigmarsson recognized the importance of proper nutrition for performance and recovery. Focus on consuming a well-balanced diet with adequate protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats. Fuel your body with nutritious foods to support muscle growth and recovery.
It’s important to note that Jon Pall Sigmarsson’s training plan was tailored to his specific needs and goals as a professional strongman. If you’re new to strength training or strongman events, it’s recommended to work with a qualified coach or fitness professional to design a program that suits your individual needs.
By incorporating elements of Jon Pall Sigmarsson’s daily workout plan into your training regimen, you can work towards developing exceptional strength, power, and performance. Embrace his determination, entertaining personality, and relentless pursuit of greatness as you strive to excel in the world of strongman.