- Nationality: British
- Date of Birth: 6 June 1979
- Height: 1.99 m / 6 ft 6 1⁄2 in
- Weight: 186kg
Terry Hollands is a British Strongman competitor who has made 11 appearances at World’s Strongest Man, including 2 podium finishes and has won Britain’s Strongest Man, UK’s Strongest Man and England’s Strongest Man during his strongman career.
Terry Hollands was born in Dartford, Kent in 1979. He was always big into sports, having played Rugby and Judo during his childhood and teens.
His rugby was also the reason why he started going to the gym at age 22. He wanted to improve his endurance and get stronger to become a better rugby player.
He only started getting into strongman in 2004 after a leg infection which kept him away from the rugby field. After only a year of specific strongman training, Terry started his strongman career.
Terry began his strongman career in 2005. He quickly climbed up through the ranks and won the title of UK’s Strongest Man in his first year. Hollands soon turned his attention to international competition and has racked up an impressive roster of twelve appearances at the final of the World’s Strongest Man. Of the twelve finals Terry has managed to podium twice, once in 2007 and most recently in 2011, both times securing a third place finish.
Terry is an active part of the strongman community and can be found on twitter and various strength forums around the internet. Despite his huge stature he has proclaimed to be incredibly shy and struggles with public appearances.
World’s Strongest Man:
- Qualified 9 times (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017).
- 2x third place finishes (2007, 2011).
- First place at Masters World’s Strongest Man (2019).
Europe’s Strongest Man:
- Qualified 5 times (2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Second place (2010) and third place (2017)
Britain’s Strongest Man:
- Qualified 5 times (2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013)
- First place (2007), 3x second place (2008, 2012, 2013) and third place (2006)
UK’s Strongest Man:
- Qualified 2 times (2005, 2006)
- First place (2005) and second place (2006)
Deadlift (with straps): 450 kg (992 lb)
Double Overhand Axle Deadlift: 240 kg (530 lb)
Log Press: 192.5 kg (424 lb)
12 tonne bus 20 m pull: 17.41 s
Front Squat: 200kg (600 lb)
Bench Press: 200kg (440 lb) x 5